Grilled Flank Steak With Mediterranean Barley Salad
- 3/4 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lemon dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
1. Heat a grill to medium high or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Pat steak dry with a paper towel and sprinkle both sides with Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Grill steak 4 to 6 minutes a side or until it reaches desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then cut across the grain into thin strips.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium serving bowl, combine chickpeas, barley, cucumber, tomatoes, dressing, basil, olives, feta and remaining salt.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)