Goat Cheese and Green Apple Sandwiches
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups frisee
- 8 slices rye bread, lightly toasted
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
1. In a large bowl, toss onion with vinegar; let stand 10 minutes. In another bowl, use a fork to combine goat cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
2. Remove onion from vinegar, shaking off excess, and transfer to a small plate. Whisk honey and oil into vinegar, add frisee, and toss to coat.
3. Divide goat cheese mixture among 4 slices of bread. Top with apple, onion, frisee, dill and remaining bread.