French Onion Dip
- cal. (kcal) 82
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 50 mins
- Start to Finish: 1 hr 40 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 8
extra-virgin olive oil
reduced-sodium beef broth, or 1 3/4 cups mushroom broth
distilled white vinegar
reduced-fat sour cream
nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 6 to 10 minutes. Add broth, scrape up any browned bits, and simmer until the liquid is almost evaporated, 10 to 20 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the onions are deep golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes more. Stir in onion powder, then stir in vinegar and cook until evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and yogurt in a medium bowl. Stir in the onion mixture. Chill for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Tip: MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate the onion mixture (Step 1) for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Cover and refrigerate the dip for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 10
PER SERVING: 82 cal., 5 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 203 mg sodium, 8 g carb. (1 g fiber), 3 g pro.