Fattoush Salad With Tuna and Roasted Red Peppers
- 3 whole-wheat pitas
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 5 ounce can solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 13 ounce roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Separate each pita into two rounds and cut each into eight triangles.
3. Arrange triangles in a single layer on two large baking sheets and toast until crisp and golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Break tuna up with a fork into small chunks. Add tuna, tomatoes, peppers, parsley, scallion, capers and pita triangles to bowl and toss to coat.