- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1/4 cup nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
1. Whisk together the egg whites, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
2. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the egg white mixture and cook until it begins to set. Immediately add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves. Cover and cook about 2 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.To serve:
3. Slide the frittata onto a cutting board and cut into four wedges. Serve two wedges and two slices of toast on each plate. Garnish with pepper and additional fresh basil.