- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, strings and tips removed
- 1 cup baby sunburst squash, cut in quarters
- 4 green onions, thinly bias-sliced
- 4 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sweet-hot mustard or Dijon-style mustard
- 4 hard cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 bagels, split and toasted or 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
1. In a covered medium saucepan cook sugar snap peas and sunburst squash in a small amount of boiling salted water for 2 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
2. For sauce, in a large saucepan cook green onions in hot margarine over medium heat until tender. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese and mustard; add cooked vegetables. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until heated through. Gently stir in eggs. Serve over bagels.