- 4 - 6 tablespoons loose tea or 4 to 6 tea bags
- 1 1/2 quarts cold water
- Lemon wedges
- 2 - 3 inches piece of fresh ginger,
1. Iced tea offers as much antioxidant power as hot teas, so drink up! Use the power of the sun to brew a clear, flavorful tea.
2. Add a 2- to 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced, with the loose tea or tea bags. Place loose tea into a tea ball or 100-percent cotton cheesecloth, tying with a string. (Do not use decaffeinated, green, or herbal teas.) Put into a 2-quart clear glass container. Add cold water. Cover and let stand in sunlight or at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. (Keep the container away from combustible materials. Sunlight coming through glass and liquid can concentrate a beam of light that may start a fire.)
3. Remove tea ball or bags. Serve over ice or refrigerate immediately. If desired, serve with lemon wedges and garnish each serving with a ginger-flavored candy stick. Store in the refrigerator and use within 24 hours.