Red Wine-Marinated Peaches
- cal. (kcal) 262
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Marinate: 30 mins to 1 hr
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 51
ripe medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced, or pears, cored and sliced
fruity red wine (such as Beaujolais) or dry white wine
- Place peaches or pears in a large bowl. For marinade, in a medium saucepan combine the wine, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the marinade over peaches; toss gently to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. To serve, spoon peaches and marinade into dessert dishes.
- Dont Desert Dessert If you dont have time to make even the simplest recipe, dessert doesnt have to be a lost prospect. Try one of these super-simple dessert ideas that will satisfy the craving for just a little something sweet after a delicious dinner:
- Dont Desert Dessert Fresh fruit sliced and tossed with a little honey and sprinkled with toasted almonds. Ripe, juicy peaches, nectarines, or plums are great choices.
- Dont Desert Dessert A tea bar set up with several kinds of teabags (a selection of herbal, decaffeinated, and black tea among them), lemon, milk, honey, and sugarand purchased tea biscuits.
- Dont Desert Dessert A cheese course featuring a selection of cheeses and fresh fruit. Some perfect pairings include ripe pears with a blue cheese such as Roquefort or Gorgonzola; berries and apples with brie; oranges (particularly blood oranges, which are super-juicy and sweet) with thin wedges of Parmesan or Romano.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 262 cal., 6 mg sodium, 51 g carb. (3 g fiber), 1 g pro.