Quick and Creamy Rice Pudding
- 1 4-serving-size package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking rice
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or blueberries, or snipped dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom or ground cinnamon
1. Prepare pudding mix according to the package directions; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat milk over medium heat just to boiling; stir in rice and dried fruit. Remove saucepan from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir the prepared pudding and cardamom into saucepan.