- 2 medium nectarines, halved lengthwise and pitted
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) vanilla ice cream or toasted pecan ice cream
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies or crushed gingersnaps
1. Brush cut sides of nectarines with margarine or butter. Set aside.
2. For a charcoal grill, grill nectarines on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, turning and brushing once with honey halfway through grilling.
3. To serve, sprinkle cut sides of nectarines with nutmeg. Place in dessert dishes, cut sides up. Top each nectarine half with some of the ice cream, blueberries, and strawberries. Sprinkle with crushed cookies.