Citrus Compote with Pomegranate
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 6 pink grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Seeds and juice from 1 pomegranate or 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
1. For sauce, in a small saucepan combine wine, brown sugar, honey, and, if desired, sherry. Cook over medium-high heat just until boiling, stirring until brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
2. To serve, divide grapefruit and orange sections among 6 individual parfait glasses or dessert bowls. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and juice or dried cherries over fruit. Spoon sauce over all. Cover and chill for 20 minutes before serving.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)