Berries with Zabaglione
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup light dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet or dry marsala
- 2 cups fresh berries (such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or halved strawberries)
- Ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg
1. For custard, in a heavy medium saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg. Return all of the egg mixture to the saucepan. Cook until nearly bubbly, but do not boil. Immediately pour custard into a bowl; stir in sour cream and marsala. Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Chill the custard for 2 to 24 hours.
2. To serve, divide the berries evenly among 4 dessert dishes. Spoon custard evenly over the berries. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. Serve immediately.