Baked Pears with Almond Crunch
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cored
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine (such as sauterne)
- 1/2 cup slightly crushed amaretti cookies
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Place pear halves, cut sides up, in a 2-quart square baking dish. Pour wine over pears. Combine cookies, brown sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
2. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degrees oven about 20 minutes or until pears are tender. If desired, serve with ice cream.