Curried Chicken Kebabs With Minty Couscous
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons peeled minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Cilantro spring (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, yogurt, ginger, honey, 2 tablespoons lime juice, curry powder and salt. Reserve 1/4 cup yogurt mixture for serving.
2. Place chicken in a large reseal- able plastic bag. To marinate, add yogurt mixture, press air out of bag and seal. Turn to coat chicken; refrigerate 2 hours to 1 day.
3. Preheat the broiler, with the rack about 4 inches from heat. Line the bottom of the broiler pan with foil and coat the upper tray with cooking spray. Thread chicken onto 4 skewers and place on prepared pan; discard remaining marinade. Broil kebabs, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add couscous and scallions; reduce heat and bring to a simmer. Cover, remove from heat and let sit until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add mint, lime zest and remaining lime juice and fluff with a fork.
5. Serve couscous with chicken and reserved yogurt mixture and garnish with cilantro if desired.