Crunchy Pear & Celery Salad
- cal. (kcal) 221
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 20
celery, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
cider, pear, raspberry or other fruit vinegar
ripe pears, preferably red Bartlett or Anjou, diced
finely diced white Cheddar cheese
chopped pecans, toasted (see Tip)
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
large leaves butterhead or other lettuce
- Soak celery in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Whisk vinegar, honey and salt in a large bowl until blended. Add pears; gently stir to coat. Add the celery, cheese and pecans; stir to combine. Season with pepper. Divide the lettuce leaves among 6 plates and top with a portion of salad. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Tips: Make Ahead Tip: Prepare salad without pecans up to 2 hours ahead. Stir in pecans just before serving.
- Tip: To toast chopped pecans, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 221 cal., 14 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 20 mg chol., 240 mg sodium, 20 g carb. (4 g fiber), 6 g pro.