Yield: 96 cookies Prep 30 mins Chill 1 hr Bake 325° 11 mins to 12 mins a batch View Nutrition Facts
- 16 tablespoons butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Red and green coarse sugar (optional)
- Chopped cocktail peanuts and ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg. Beat in as much of the all-purpose and white whole-wheat flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour (you may have to use your hands to combine). Cover and chill dough for 1 hour, or until easy to handle.
2. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Cut dough into four wedges. On a lightly floured surface, roll one wedge of dough at a time very thin (1/8-inch thick). Using a 2-1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes. Reroll scraps. If dough gets too soft, refrigerate again. Place cookies
3. 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Brush with egg white. If desired, sprinkle with red and green coarse sugar or chopped cocktail peanuts and ground cinnamon.
4. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.Healthy Savings:
5. We cut 11 calories and 1 g saturated fat; added 0.5 g fiber.
6. Nutrition facts per 2 Cookies
7. Makes 96 cookies