Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie View Nutrition Facts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar in the raw
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins, golden raisins, and/or dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cream the coconut oil and sugar in a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, then the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices and mix well. Add the pumpkin puree and mix at medium speed until combined. Add the walnuts and dried fruit and continue to mix for another 30 seconds or until just combined. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes. Makes 24 cookies.