Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving size: 2 cookies View Nutrition Facts
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup natural, unsalted chunky peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl, blend peanut butter, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add white and brown sugar, half of the flour mixture, and the beaten egg, blending after each addition. Finish with the remaining flour mixture and pecans.
3. Roll dough into 24 balls, about 1 rounded tablespoon each. Arrange balls about 2 inches apart on nonstick baking sheets. Using a fork, flatten dough balls, forming a crosshatch design on the tops.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in pans, then transfer to racks and cool completely.