Yield: 36 cookies Prep 25 mins Cool 30 mins Bake 375°F 30 mins View Nutrition Facts
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark-chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously grease a large cookie sheet; set aside. Stir together granulated sugar and oil in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla until combined. In a medium bowl, combine flours and baking powder. Stir into egg mixture, along with chocolate chips. On the prepared cookie sheet, form the dough into three 9-inch-long logs; flatten each to 2 inches wide (dough will seem oily).
2. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove logs from oven; cool 30 minutes. Bias-cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange slices on cookie sheet. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more, or until browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.Healthy Savings:
3. We cut 22 calories and 2 g carbohydrate; added 1 g fiber.
4. Nutrition facts per 1 Cookie
5. Makes 36 cookies
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)