Blueberry Whole Wheat Cookies
Serving size: 1 cookie View Nutrition Facts
- 1 cup unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar in the raw
- Zest of one lemon, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup non-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and cooled, finely chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the flour, rolled oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest. Add the egg and scrape the side of the bowl. Add the sour cream and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the blueberries and the almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 14-16 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through.
4. Nutrition facts per 1 Cookie
5. Makes two dozen cookies; serving size 1 cookie
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)