Coconut Curried Tofu and Spinach
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 ounce package firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
1. Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine cornstarch and broth in cooker until cornstarch is dissolved; stir in peanut butter, curry paste, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Add bell pepper, tofu and mushrooms and toss gently. Cook on low 4 hours.
2. Stir in coconut milk, lime juice and spinach, turn slow cooker to high; cook 15 minutes more.
3. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting fat and salt. Serve curry over rice. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.