Coconut Curried Tofu and Spinach
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 ounce package firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
1. Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine cornstarch and broth in cooker until cornstarch is dissolved; stir in peanut butter, curry paste, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Add bell pepper, tofu and mushrooms and toss gently. Cook on low 4 hours.
2. Stir in coconut milk, lime juice and spinach, turn slow cooker to high; cook 15 minutes more.
3. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting fat and salt. Serve curry over rice. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)