Gingery Chocolate Mini Cakes
Yield: 20 mini cakes Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins View Nutrition Facts
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder, such as Hershey's
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mist two 12-cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup water and the oil, vinegar and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the large bowl and stir to combine. Fill 20 muffin cups about 2/3 full with the batter.
3. Bake 12 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer tins to a wire rack and let cool 5 minutes; turn cakes out onto the rack.
4. Whisk together the confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons water. While the cakes are still slightly warm, drizzle the glaze over each and top with a large pinch of the candied ginger.