Chive-Mustard Chicken With Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or red onion
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Lightly dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
2. In a small bowl, combine wine and mustard; stir in broth.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 table-spoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and saute until golden, about 2 minutes a side. Transfer to a plate.
4. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Reduce heat to medium, add shallots and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in reserved flour mixture and cook until dissolved, about 30 seconds. Add wine mixture and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
5. Return chicken to skillet with any juices that have accumulated on the plate. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until chicken is just cooked, about 2 minutes a side. Place a chicken breast on each of four dinner plates.
6. Add peas to skillet and return sauce to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until peas are crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Stir in chives. Divide peas among plates and spoon sauce over chicken.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)