Chickpea Pizza with Sausage and Peppers
- cal. (kcal) 260
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 17
fully cooked sweet Italian chicken-and-turkey sausage links (such as Applegate), thinly sliced
medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
medium onion, thinly sliced
shredded part-skim mozzarella (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a medium bowl, combine chickpea flour, water, salt and 1 tablespoon oil. Whisk with a fork until most lumps are dissolved; let sit 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, bell pepper and onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and links brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Swirl remaining oil in an ovenproof skillet. Heat in oven 5 minutes; carefully remove. Rewhisk chickpea flour mixture, pour into skillet and bake 8 to 9 minutes, or until edges pull away and top looks firm.
- Remove crust from oven; raise oven temperature to broil. Top crust with mozzarella and sausage-and-pepper mixture and return to oven for 3 minutes, or until cheese melts and edges are just beginning to brown.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 260 cal., 14 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 605 mg sodium, 17 g carb. (4 g fiber), 15 g pro.