Southwestern Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 1 - 1 1/2ounce envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 medium yellow or green sweet pepper, cut into squares
- 1 small zucchini, sliced on the bias
- 1/2 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 flour tortillas (optional)
- 6 cups mixed greens (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Co-Jack cheese (optional)
1. Combine fajita mix, water, and oil in a medium mixing bowl. Add chicken to marinade; stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat a large wok coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add peppers, zucchini and onion; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
3. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Add chicken to wok. (Add additional cooking oil if necessary to prevent sticking.) Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to wok. Stir together salsa and chili powder. Add salsa mixture, corn, and beans to wok. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.