Pan-Roasted Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Leeks
- cal. (kcal) 343
- Makes: 2 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 17
chopped fresh thyme
freshly ground black pepper
shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
4-inch piece of leek, white part only, thinly sliced and rinsed clean of grit
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms and leeks; cook, stirring, 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat; sprinkle with half the thyme, salt and pepper.
- With a paring knife, cut a small pocket in the top edge of one side of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut through the breast.
- Fill with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mushroom filling. Season chicken with remaining thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with remaining mushroom-leek mixture.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 343 cal., 16 g total fat 17 g carb. (3 g fiber), 35 g pro.