Mustard-Rosemary Chicken Skewers
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for grilling
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, salt and black pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil.
2. Place the chicken, bell pepper and scallions in a large bowl. Add the marinade; toss to coat. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Heat the grill to medium high and brush the grate generously with oil. Thread the chicken, pepper and scallion pieces onto skewers. (If skewers are wooden, soak in water 30 minutes prior to threading.) Transfer to grill; close the cover and cook, turning occasionally, until meat is slightly charred and no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.