Lemony Fusilli With Chicken, Zucchini and Pine Nuts
- cal. (kcal) 426
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 49
slender zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
lemon, rind peeled in strips
small pinch red pepper flakes
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
large basil leaves, sliced
grated Parmesan (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water with 2 teaspoons of the salt to a boil; add the fusilli. Cook until al dente.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the zucchini, scallions, pine nuts, lemon peel and red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; cook, tossing frequently, until zucchini is well browned and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer zucchini to a serving bowl. Remove lemon peel from pan. Mince 1/2 teaspoon of the peel and discard the rest. Squeeze half the lemon over the zucchini.
- Turn heat to medium-high and swirl in remaining olive oil. Add the chicken, minced lemon peel and remaining salt and cook, stirring, until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Drain fusilli, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Add fusilli, zucchini and reserved cooking water to skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and top with the basil and, if using, Parmesan.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 426 cal., 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 49 g carb. (6 g fiber), 32 g pro.