Grilled Chicken and Rice Salad
- 1 recipe Thyme Vinaigrette
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen French-cut green beans
- 2 cups cooked brown rice and wild rice blend, chilled
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
1. Prepare Thyme Vinaigrette. Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette; set aside the remaining vinaigrette until ready to serve.
2. Grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling. (Or broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through broiling.) Cut chicken into bite-size strips.
3. Meanwhile, rinse green beans with cool water for 30 seconds; drain well. In a large bowl toss together beans, cooked rice, artichoke hearts, cabbage, carrot, and green onion. Pour the remaining vinaigrette over rice mixture; toss to gently coat.
4. If desired, arrange lettuce leaves on 4 dinner plates. Top with the rice mixture and chicken.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a screw-top jar combine white wine vinegar, olive oil, water, Parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)