Chicken with Chunky Vegetable Sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 1/2ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Dash of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons drained capers or 2 tablespoons chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Pitted ripe olives
1. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in flour to coat. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet, cook onion in hot oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; push mixture to sides of pan. Add chicken. Cook 4 minutes, or until brown, turning once. Add tomatoes, artichokes, broth, and pepper; stir.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove chicken.
4. Simmer tomato mixture, uncovered, about 3 minutes, or until reduced to desired consistency. Stir in capers and oregano. Serve the chicken over rice; top with sauce. If desired, garnish with olives.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)