Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery,chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups dried egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1. Combine 4-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, 1 cup each chopped onion, carrot and celery, 1 tsp. each dried basil and oregano, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1 bay leaf; bring to boil.
2. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add 1-1/2 cups dried egg noodles. Cover and simmer 8 minutes; discard bay leaf.
4. Add 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast. Makes 4 servings.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)