Chicken Thighs with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. To make the barbecue sauce: Combine blueberries, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, allspice and cayenne pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Set aside, reserving 1/2 cup sauce.
2. Meanwhile, coat the grill rack with cooking spray; heat the grill to medium.
3. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place on grill bone side up and cook 15 minutes; turn and cook 10 minutes more. Brush with reserved sauce and cook until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of largest thigh registers 170 degrees. Serve with remaining sauce.