Caramel Cream Cheese Custard
- cal. (kcal) 247
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Start to Finish: 6 hrs 15 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 33
reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchatel), softened
nonfat or low-fat sweetened condensed milk
nonfat or low-fat evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, gently swirling the pan (do not stir), until the mixture turns golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Immediately, pour the caramel carefully into a 9-inch round metal cake pan. If it stiffens before it completely covers the bottom of the pan, warm the pan in the oven, then swirl to cover the bottom.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla; mix until combined. Carefully pour into the prepared pan. (You may hear some cracking; the pan will be very full.)
- Place the cake pan in a larger pan and pour enough hot water around it to come 1 inch up the sides. Bake until golden and set at the edges but still wobbly at the center, about 1 hour. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Transfer the cake pan to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, run a knife around the edge of the pan and invert the flan onto a plate.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 247 cal., 8 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 160 mg chol., 192 mg sodium, 33 g carb. 10 g pro.