California Chipotle Chopped Salad
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut or torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
1. 1. To make vinaigrette: Puree 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, agave nectar and lime juice in a blender.
2. 2. In a small saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Saute black beans, garlic, chile powder and salt for 5 minutes. Let cool.
3. 3. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, quinoa, black bean mixture and cilantro. Toss gently with vinaigrette to coat.