Cabbage Pancakes with Bacon and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or Sriracha
- 1/2 head green or red cabbage, or a mixture of both
- 1 carrot
- 5 large eggs
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 strips bacon, chopped, panfried and drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons seasame seeds (optional)
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame seed oil (optional)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, soy sauce and hot sauce or Sriracha. Refrigerate sauce until ready to serve.
2. Shred cabbage and carrot in a food processor or with a mandoline or knife. In a large bowl, beat together eggs. Add cabbage, carrot, scallions, flour, salt and bacon and stir to combine.
3. Heat two large skillets over high heat. Add 11/2 teaspoons oil to each and swirl to coat. Scoop 3 half-cups cabbage mixture into each pan, pressing down to create pancakes. Cook, pressing down occasionally, until undersides are golden brown and firm, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook 3 minutes more.
4. Place pancakes on a plate and repeat process with remaining batter. Divide pancakes among four plates; sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil if desired. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.