- cal. (kcal) 80
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 9
shredded broccoli slaw, or 1 large bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds)
low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
salt, or to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
low-sodium sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
finely diced red onion, (1/2 medium)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. (Alternatively, microwave on High for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.) Drain bacon on paper towels. Chop coarsely.
- If using whole broccoli, trim about 3 inches off the stems. Chop the rest into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add water chestnuts, onion, bacon and broccoli; toss to coat. Chill until serving time.
- Tip: MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and chill for up to 2 days.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 80 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 5 mg chol., 271 mg sodium, 9 g carb. (3 g fiber), 3 g pro.