Blackened Salmon Po' Boy
- cal. (kcal) 431
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 43
small avocado, pitted (see Tips for Two)
blackening or Cajun seasoning
salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 2 portions
crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted
plum tomato, thinly sliced
thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat grill to high. Oil grill rack (see Tip).
- Mash together avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl with a fork.
- Rub blackening (or Cajun) seasoning on both sides of salmon. Grill until just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the avocado mixture on the bottom halves of each roll. Top with the salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.
- Tips: Tips for Two: Although browning is inevitable, less browning is possible if you keep the pit in the avocado half you're storing and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Mash with reduced-fat mayonnaise and use as a sandwich spread; dice and sprinkle on top of scrambled eggs; toss in salad.
- Tip: To oil the grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to spray the food with cooking spray.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 431 cal., 16 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 67 mg chol., 756 mg sodium, 43 g carb. (6 g fiber), 33 g pro.