Black Bean Tortas
- 9 tablespoons salsa fresca or pico de gallo
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
1. Drain salsa fresca or pico de gallo in a colander, shaking to remove as much liquid as possible. Pulse beans, 4 tablespoons drained salsa fresca or pico de gallo, chili powder and cumin in a food processor until mostly smooth with some chunks remaining.
2. Divide bean mixture, lettuce, avocado, queso fresco or feta, and remaining drained salsa fresca or pico de gallo among bottom halves of rolls; top with remaining halves.