Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 pound flank steak
1. Preheat the broiler and coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients except steak in a small bowl; rub mixture over the steak.
3. Broil 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until cooked.
4. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
5. Serve with a green salad.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)