Pepper Steak with Horseradish Sauce
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 - 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak or boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together mayonnaise dressing, vinegar, parsley, and horseradish. Set aside.
2. Trim fat from meat. If using flank steak, score both sides of meat in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Sprinkle both sides of meat with cracked black pepper, gently pressing into surface.
3. Grill meat on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. (Allow 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness.) [Or broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat, turning once halfway through broiling. (Allow 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness.)]
4. To serve, thinly slice meat diagonally across the grain. Serve meat with sauce.