Pepper-Crusted Grilled Flank Steak
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1 1/4pound flank steak
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Mist the chopped sweet potatoes with cooking spray, season to taste with salt and black pepper and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
3. Set a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the steak with the oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes per side for medium. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
4. In a food processor or blender, combine the mayonnaise, spinach, mustard and garlic powder. Process until smooth.
5. Serve steak slices with spinach mayonnaise and roasted sweet potatoes.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)