Pepper-Crusted Grilled Flank Steak
- cal. (kcal) 486
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 36
Nonstick cooking spray
large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/4 -
extra-virgin olive oil
packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray or line with foil.
- Mist the chopped sweet potatoes with cooking spray, season to taste with salt and black pepper and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Set a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of the steak with the oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes per side for medium. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the mayonnaise, spinach, mustard and garlic powder. Process until smooth.
- Serve steak slices with spinach mayonnaise and roasted sweet potatoes.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 486 cal., 22 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 36 g carb. (5 g fiber), 33 g pro.