Curried Beef With Peas and Grape Tomatoes
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, boiled 1 minute and drained
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add ground beef and saute until browned, about 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer meat to a bowl; season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium high. Pour fat from skillet and add remaining oil. Add onion; saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; saute 1 minute. Mix in curry powder and garam masala; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes and remaining salt; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add beef, peas, coconut milk and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a simmer. Serve over rice noodles, topped with lime juice and cilantro.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)