Papaya & Olives with Brown Rice
- 3 cups cooked brown rice*
- 1/4 cup chopped papaya or mango
- 3 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 - 2 papayas, seeded and cut into wedges
1. In a large bowl combine cooked rice, papaya, olives, chives, vinegar, and oil; toss to combine.
2. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
3. Just before serving, stir in almonds. Serve on lettuce-lined plates with papaya wedges.
- To cook brown rice, in a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling. Add 1 cup rice. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, cover and chill for up to 3 days.