Papaya & Olives with Brown Rice
- cal. (kcal) 357
- Makes: 3 servings
- Start to Finish: 15 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 57
cooked brown rice*
chopped papaya or mango
pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
snipped fresh chives
slivered almonds, toasted
papayas, seeded and cut into wedges
- In a large bowl combine cooked rice, papaya, olives, chives, vinegar, and oil; toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in almonds. Serve on lettuce-lined plates with papaya wedges.
- * To cook brown rice, in a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling. Add 1 cup rice. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, cover and chill for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 3
PER SERVING: 357 cal., 12 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 55 mg sodium, 57 g carb. (5 g fiber), 8 g pro.