Low-Fat Maple Marshmallow Granola Bars
Yield: 12 cookies View Nutrition Facts
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 10 1/2ounce bag marshmallows (either large or small)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons toasted flax seed
- 3 cups low fat/low sugar granola
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup toasted/chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cherries or dried unsweetened cranberries
1. Spray a 9 x 13 inch rectangular cake pan with non-fat spray. Warm margarine in a large sauce pan and add marshmallow, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and vanilla and combine well. Blend in rest of ingredients until completely combined.
2. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top was well as possible. Cover with wax paper and smooth again with hands and allow to cool fully. Cut into desired shape/size.
3. Makes 12 portions; serving size 1 cookie