- Nonstick spray
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 1/2ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the broiler. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add the onion, garlic, jalapeno and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, beans and cumin; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. In a nonstick skillet, scramble the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water and the salt.
5. Place the tortillas on the baking sheet, brush both sides with remaining oil, and place under the broiler until lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven and flip.
7. Top with the tomato mixture and eggs; sprinkle with the cheese.
8. Place under the broiler until cheese melts; serve immediately.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)