Sleep Well: What to Eat for Better Sleep
Bedtime Snacks Under 200 Calories
Choose one of these combos; the fifty-fifty mix of carbs and protein ups sleep-inducing serotonin levels.
- 1/2 cup whole-grain cereal with 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 6 ounces low-fat yogurt and a sprinkling of berries
- 1 slice whole wheat toast and 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3.5 ounces fat-free vanilla pudding and 4 graham crackers
- 1/2 whole wheat pita and 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 oatmeal raisin cookie and 8 ounces skim milk
- 6 whole-grain crackers and a small handful of walnuts
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, November/December 2009.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)