The Program: How It Works
3 days a week on nonconsecutive days.
What you'll need: A set of 5- or 8-pound dumbbells.
- If you have 15 minutes: Do the Total-Body Tone-Up Circuit
- If you have 30 minutes: Do the Total-Body Tone-Up Circuit plus the Bonus Belly-Flattening Routine
- If you have 45 minutes: Do the Total-Body Tone-Up Circuit, the Bonus Belly-Flattening Routine, plus 15 minutes of your cardio of choice
- 3 days a week, minimum of 30 minutes; either the same day or a different day as the strength routine
- Do what you love -- try power walking/jogging alone or with the stroller, using the elliptical machine, doing a cardio dance DVD, etc.
- Include interval training in two of these cardio workouts.
- If you have more than 30 minutes, go for longer at a moderate pace (about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10).
Free video: More body-after-baby toning moves