Targets: Back, abs, and thighs
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, a dumbbell in each hand.
- Hinge forward at hips so that back is nearly parallel to floor and arms extend down directly below chest, palms facing up; then bend elbows out to sides slightly (imagine hugging a beach ball).
- Keeping a slight bend in elbows throughout, raise arms directly out to sides to shoulder level; hold for 1 count, then lower.
- Do 8 reps.
- Slowly roll spine up to standing, one vertebra at a time.
- Rest for 15 to 20 seconds, then do 8 more reps.
Watch a video demonstration of this move!