Now That's Energy: Our Best Tips for All-Day Energy
Good Food = Good EnergyFuel your body with healthy picks from experts.
- Blueberries: They're packed with antioxidants that boost brain cells and help keep memory sharp, research shows. Toss a half cup onto your cereal.
- Apples: Their high fiber content means they deliver steady energy. "Apples also help prevent dehydration," says Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD, a dietitian in Chicago.
- Fish: "The omega-3 fatty acids in oily fish such as salmon are linked to improved concentration and memory," says Blatner.
- Spinach: It's brimming with iron, which helps deliver oxygen to your cells. When you're low on this mineral, you'll feel like you're...about...to...crash. Use it in pastas and salads.
- Nuts: Build energy with a daily handful of almonds, hazelnuts, or cashews, all of which contain fatigue-fighting magnesium.
Need a Lift? Make love. "Sex triggers the production of chemicals, including testosterone, dopamine, and oxytocin," says Helen Fisher, PhD, an anthropologist at Rutgers University and author of Why We Love. This revitalizing surge of hormones increases mental clarity and boosts energy.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.