How Healthy Are Your Breasts?
Pages in this Story:
- Why Your Breasts Hurt
- Culprit #1: You're about to get your period.
- Culprit #2: You've got fibrocystic breasts.
- Culprit #3: Your diet.
- Culprit #4: You're overdoing it at the gym.
- Culprit #5: Your meds.
- New Reasons to Get a Mammogram
- What to Do If You Find a Lump in Your Breast
- Straight Answers to Your Biggest Questions
Culprit #4: You're overdoing it at the gym.
If you've lifted too much weight, you may have strained your pectoralis muscles, which lie just underneath your breasts. The best treatment is a heating pad and an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen. If the pain is located right over your breastbone and worsens with activity, you may have costochondritis, often caused by intense exercise, an inflammation in the area where your ribs and breast bone connect. Again, try ibuprofen. If the pain is severe, consult your doctor.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)